I ask for your help ... pickup is feedbacking ... im lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ask for your help ... pickup is feedbacking ... im lost

Hey im a newb with pickups and i would really appreciate some help with this, so please just read this and see if you can give me some help. thank you.

I got a SD SH5 custom for my les paul. i got the pup wired by a pro, and it sounds great. only problem is that it feedbacks a lot. i have a solid state peavey amp and i play with a lot of gain. i noticed that even at really low volumes, if i let go of the strings, the pickup feedbacks. i tried other amps and other guitars (also with high output humbuckers), and the problem definitely lies in my guitar. someone told me the pickup may be microphonic, but how do i check if it is? amazingly, noone in my area has the brain cells to understand this. besides the feedback i also noticed that if i put my hand closer and closer to the pickup, it hums louder and louder. i dont know if that helps but im just sharing my observations.

anyway if anyone can just take the time to think about this id really greatly appreciate it because this is bugging me for some time now and i want to know if i need to exchange the pup or rewire it ... i just want to know the problem so i can fix it.

thank you again

Re: I ask for your help ... pickup is feedbacking ... im lost

someone here told me not too long ago (no, I won't take credit for this) to stuff some bubble wrap or tissue paper behind your pickup to keep it from moving. Try touching your pickup when it is feeding back... does the feedback go away? if so then that is your problem.

As for humming louder, hmm... i'll let someone more knowledgeable than me tackle that.

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Re: I ask for your help ... pickup is feedbacking ... im lost

Sounds like you got both a wiring problem and a too loose mounted pickup.

Comment

Working...
      X