Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in pots?

What is the difference between linear taper and normal pots? Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Difference in pots?

linear taper's resistance is equal for every amount you turn is, audio taper has an log taper so it sounds like the resistance is gradual: if you use a linear taper it'll sound like(if used for a volume control) the volume skips a little as it goes up, with an audio taper it sounds like it gradually goes up

Comment

Thanks!!
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by HolyDirt
        if you use a linear taper it'll sound like(if used for a volume control) the volume skips a little as it goes up, with an audio taper it sounds like it gradually goes up
        Hmmm . . . not sure I'ld agree with this. There's no reason for any "skips". Not sure how you mean that. I much prefer linear taper in just about anything - including my home audio gear. To me, it just gives you greater control.

Comment

Working...
        X