Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy New Years!!!!!

Dodger,
    I didn't think I sounded pissed off…but I never do until it's to late…and Evan always gets the blunt of it anyhow. (LOL…I know Evan has to get a kick) Anyhow, as witness to my stupor I hope you don't think my embalming what brain cells I have left is cool. Look babe, you are young, if you feel you have talent exuding out of you go for it...don't wait 25 years to realize the rest of the world has finally caught up with you and you should have believed in yourself 25 years ago.
    My currant band is a bunch of guys taking the last stab, were convinced we can still be rock stars. Derek Trucks reinvented the slide guitar. I studied his first influences and have spoke to him of his current influences. Figure this, no mater how deep you go it's the popular vote. Derek is 80 persent making it on legacies such as Duane and Johnny Winter. The other 20 percent is very deep and is what makes him special. I have a day job...If I (in the end have to admit failure) I have no problem with Derek carrying the torch forward. Duane was a really big cat and of successful Duane freaks I feel like Derek and Steve Vai are the one who takes the Duain/alinen/skydog mentality forward.
    Ever check out Pat Martino, Dude was not a Duane freak but, you don't need to be when your an alien…another cat from outer space.
    Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Neck pickups…

My pursuit started out as finding bridge pickups…

Then I bought this LP copy (a 76 Ventura)…it had a 3 piece Maple neck/w maple finger board an a bass wood body (black trapezoids). The pickups were microphonic. A set of brand name pickups went in, but I was curious and had some old Gibson T tops around that were microphonic so I learned to pot (see Frailens article at Stew Mac).

Man Ventura pickups measure 8.36k and the sweetest things I'd ever heard. I bought a Burny LP copy and both pickups measure 8.01k, second only to the Ventura's.

When I realized I had 4 magic neck pickups the pursuit became an issue of matching the bridge pickups to them.

A young cat here on the forum caused me to realize what the magic was...Metric wire...the metric equivalent to a SAE value is smaller in diameter.
      Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

This thread should be re-titled My Drunken Pickup Journal ...
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I'd like to say my stupid blunders disappeared on the old forum…But I didn't stop there…so it spilled over into the new forum early on so shameless at this point I started this thread.

Back on the old forum I shot my mouth off about magnets. That Doc B cat called me on something I said and provided me many links to study up on magnets (Thanks a Oerstedillion)...okay I'm 2/3s in to the bottle now but if I remember right the flux density progression goes like this 1,3,2,4,6,7,5,8. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Please do not confuse this with the pull strength of the magnet. Also it doesn't even matter about the flux density...the important thing is that each one has more effect on eq than output.
          Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Twilight,

I don't know if your laughing with me or at me (and I try to remember who uses what pickups…but we all change from week to week) but this was my sort of a way of giving back to the forum. I've been pushing that button at the top of the page so subdirectories can be created below any topic. Man please feel free to drop in any thing you've learned this year. Sorry if I get tore and get on the forum but ever try getting tore at a bar talking about pickups. I did that with Steve Morse after the DMZ pickups came out and I can't remember what Steve said...
            Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Twilight,

I don't know if your laughing with me or at me (and I try to remember who uses what pickups…but we all change from week to week) but this was my sort of a way of giving back to the forum. I've been pushing that button at the top of the page so subdirectories can be created below any topic. Man please feel free to drop in any thing you've learned this year. Sorry if I get tore and get on the forum but ever try getting tore at a bar talking about pickups. I did that with Steve Morse after the DMZ pickups came out and I can't remember what Steve said...
              Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Oaky, bottom line a year ago I'd just spent 6 years in a stoage shed with a DigiTech 2101, guy walk in and I tell him I have 90 patchede programed and he,,,
                Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Okay, I understand where I was going with that last post (as you can tell that's where I passed out) but do not care to elaborate on the subject as it would cause a lot of polarization and would be disputed as maybe something I didn't learn this year.
                  Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Working...
                  X