Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark pup for a strat.

Howdy.

I have a new G&L Legacy and wanted to know what a good versatile bridge humbucker would be. I have been using the Custom Custom in all my LP's, SG's, Hamer's and even my Jackson's. If I couldn't get one then I usually relied on a Dimarzio Super 3 (same EQ'ing and characteristics). I would like to get that sound from my Legacy but am I limited to a Hot Rails or Pro Track to get a similar sound? Think the "live" tone that Phil Collen gets these days. Anybody got this setup or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Will.

Re: Dark pup for a strat.

For a full humbucker the Dimarzio Breed is what i use in the bridge of my strat and its quite dark but versatile and has a lot of mids like a custom custom but more bass and treble. For a single coil sized humbucker the Dimarzio Fast track 2 could be a choice its somewhere between a super distortion and the super 3.

Comment

i have a fast track 2 in the bridge of my fender strat, and its a cool pickup if you play with distortion.
      "Sometimes I may win, sometimes Iīll lose, Itīs just a game that I play"

Comment

Thanks guys.
        I'm the new guitar player for a local Ozzy tribute band (with the SG w' EMG's right now) and I need a great distortion sound. But after the G&L there's no looking back. Great guitar. I'm really on the line between the Fast Track 2 and the Hot Rails. I wasnt that darker tone that Tracy G used on Last in Live. WalterG, how much of a volume jump is there when you flip to the other pickups?

Will.

Comment

Working...
        X