Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbuckers Installed at an Angle

Hi,
    I recently purchased a pointy guitar with a Floyd Rose...that has the bridge humbucker installed at an angle...so I'm wondering, If I want to replace the pickup do I use a trembucker model...or standard.

Thanks,
    Bill

Re: Humbuckers Installed at an Angle

I am by no means a pro but usually with a Floyd Royce you would want a trembucker. This type of pickup takes the string spacing into account. I dont remember what they are at this minute but they are different than the standard spacing. I have heard others using standard pups with success as well? Wait for other responses befor you take my advice since many others are much more knowledgeable than me.
    Live long, play hard, enjoy life.

Comment

Radeo,
      Thanks for the reply...I'm thinking that the bridge pup on this Kramer Focus 6000 guitar was installed at an angle so that a normal humbucker magnets would line up...I actually don't have the guitar yet. It is being shipped to me, and I should have it Monday...so when I look it it I may be able to answer my own question.

Best Regards,
      Bill

Comment

Hi Slippery. Eddie Van Halen use to angle standard humbuckers in his guitars so that the poles pieces lined up with the strings. This influenced a few 80's guitar makers. I'm not sure but this is probably before trembuckers were produced. So a standard should work. If it doesn't you can always use the 21 day exchange policy, and get a trembucker.

Comment

Working...
        X