X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Valentine
    replied
    Re: alternative to the JB

I'm really happy with the APH-1n/PGb combination. They make a great contrast with each other tonaly, and the PGb gives just enough boost for lead. Everyone who hears the combo tends to like it.

Brett

Leave a comment:

• Cri-Su
    replied

Originally posted by Grandor
    Ahh, I didnt really get what u meant.
    You love the pup but u want a different one now?
    kind of awkward, huh.. well, I want a different sound on the new guitar, that is all.
    never thought about the custom custom... appearently it must be kinda cool, as I have heard it from different sides now. isnt the Pearly Gates very fuzzy sounding?

Leave a comment:

• chcjunior
    replied

My Dean Hardtail came with the Pearly Gates in the neck and the JB in the bridge. Keep in mind that I LOVED the JB in my Gibson SG and Schecter C1+..but it just wasn't quite working in the Hardtail. I ended up going with the Custom Custom and am extremely happy with. Very full sounding pup that can cover alot of ground...it's extremely versatile with alot of warmth yet punch.

Leave a comment:

• Thames
    replied

Try the Rio Grande BBQ....

Leave a comment:

• tone4days
    replied

+1 to what TGWIF said ... either a CC, a PGb, or even a matched AIIPb would sound great

if you want to take it into a bit of a 'smokier' classic rock tone in the bridge, maybe a '59b

it just dawned on me that not everyone has the same thing in mind when they say 'classic' rock .. kinda like how the oldies station has started playing MY favorite music for some strange reason

cheers
    t4d

Leave a comment:

• Grandor
    replied

Ahh, I didnt really get what u meant.
    You love the pup but u want a different one now?

My experience with the JB was great.
    It was beautiful, I had to learn to tame the highs however. Lots of output. G R E A T...
    I loved it, Almost as much as I love my Wolfie stock pups now...
    I love SD's, however these wolfie pups are rockin!

Leave a comment:

• the guy who invented fire
    replied

Originally posted by Cri-Su
    classic rockers attention please:
    I still have not decided on the bridge of my new Les Paul style guitar. I have a aph-1 neck and was think very thoroughly about the PGb. but everytime I re-think it, I get back to the point that -when soloing- the JB in one of my other guitars has so far smoke every pup Ive tried. It gives me a real nice clear & harmonic distortion/OD sound. but I sure do want a different pup in this guitar now.
    post your experiences please, let me know what you think about that.

The PGb is an amazing pickup and would work nicely with an APH-1...you could also try a CC if you really wanted that guitar to kick ass. I love my PG's but with an APH-1, a CC is a match made in tone heaven!

Leave a comment:

• Cri-Su
    started a topic alternative to the JB

alternative to the JB

classic rockers attention please:
    I still have not decided on the bridge of my new Les Paul style guitar. I have a aph-1 neck and was think very thoroughly about the PGb. but everytime I re-think it, I get back to the point that -when soloing- the JB in one of my other guitars has so far smoke every pup Ive tried. It gives me a real nice clear & harmonic distortion/OD sound. but I sure do want a different pup in this guitar now.
    post your experiences please, let me know what you think about that.
Working...
X