banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Duncan has the biggest/thickest tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Duncan has the biggest/thickest tone?

Originally posted by jeremy
    the patb 2 is the parallel axis distortion model. big and thick with loads of output
    I believe that's what the boys in Filter use. According to theirs sound, I'd have to agree
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Big and thick is good but I am not sure I want loads of output.

I am narrowing it down to the Custom, Air Zone, Tone Zone, or Rio BBQ.

Jeremy? Have you tried all of these?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
        i have tried the bbq and it is thick, but kinda muddy and grainy (and not a good grainy). like a tone zone with a thicker mid range and less top end and clarity. as far the the thickest duncan id say probably a patb-2
        Jeremy, if I told you I like the thickness and output of the Rio BBQ, but wanted more clarity.....woudl you choose the Custom, Tone Zone, or Air Zone?

Thanks bro!!!!

Comment

What is warm? Warm is rolled off highs and lots of mids and bass. Using this definition only, the invader is a warm pickup and is probably the warmest pickup in the SD line IMHO. It reeks of warmth. Of course, I'm just being a little too literal here, but you probably get my gist.

Try the duncan distortion if you want a huge sound out of a les paul.

Comment

If your interested I have A black F-spaced Breed and a chrome CC you could try. The Breed is thick aggressive and crunchy, I haven't tried the CC yet, I think I'll need the tremspacing. The Airzone and Breed are voiced very similar, the guy in Helmut used the AZ if that gives you any idea.

Comment

Working...
            X