pickups ave confused me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickups ave confused me

hello world, was wondering if you could help.......
    i have an epiphone les paul and use it for low tuned heavy rock, going from massive riffs to blues based soloing with long sustain/tone.
    i wanted to improve low end air movement and retain mid and high tone, and not get a flabby sound but a crisp powerfull one.
    So i tried an INVADER in the bridge but this was a mistake i think.....i was wondering if anyone has an opinion on me using a SCREAMING DEMON in the bridge and an INVADER in the neck....??
    thankyou please

Re: pickups ave confused me

i think that would be a bad mix

Comment

Bad idea, it seems that you might be playing metal if you are after that combo not really knowing how a Screaming Demon sounds, moreso just the name. The Invader would sound EXTREMELY bassy in the neck position, very muddy and not articulated. The Demon would be the complete oppisote in the bridge im guessing, very shrill and bright. The Demon ive heard doesnt really sound like its name, its very articulated and tight I THNK. If you really want to go for the Invader and Demon, put the Invader in the bridge and Demon in the neck, should sound ok...
      There is no spoone
      - The Matricks

Comment

Originally posted by tone-henge
        hello world, was wondering if you could help.......
        i have an epiphone les paul and use it for low tuned heavy rock, going from massive riffs to blues based soloing with long sustain/tone.
        i wanted to improve low end air movement and retain mid and high tone, and not get a flabby sound but a crisp powerfull one.
        So i tried an INVADER in the bridge but this was a mistake i think.....i was wondering if anyone has an opinion on me using a SCREAMING DEMON in the bridge and an INVADER in the neck....??
        thankyou please

thats combo is not a good one...what kind of sound are you looking for?
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Armotron is right. The Invader is meant to thicken things up in the bridge for some chunky rhythm. I've always wondered why a neck one was released. The Invader's EQ is meant for the bridge, and will muddy things up in the neck.

Also, it's much higher output than the Screamin' Demon. This would make things very awkward.

I suggest you try a Distortion, Full Shred, or Custom in the bridge, with a Full Shred or Jazz in the neck. When it comes down to it, clarity is what you want with drop-tuned high-gain, and these pickups are probably going to deliver it better than the Invader.
          '04 Schecter C-1 Plus (TB-4 JB/SH-2n Jazz)

Comment

hey hewhoinventfire et al
            im trying to get a sound like jimi hendrix playing king buzzo's(melvins) guitar.
            ...I do like a heavy bass sound for the riffs, but combined with crunch, and then a dripping sort of sweet lead sound, jimmy page style.
            a kind of blues doom, low end and heavy
            i dont want to sound new metal
            just heavy
            cheers dudes

Comment

I donno, but to me a set of Phat Cat p90s sound pretty good for you. If you like higher output, a set of '59s sounds ok too. What kind wood is the body of your guitar made of?
              There is no spoone
              - The Matricks

Comment

thats interesting advice, i dont want to get myself into a squealy high gain situation although i do use high volume, so maybe i will try the jazz in the neck and a custom in the bridge
                thankyou kind sir

Comment

to be honest i dunno whut wood she has, jus a regular epiphone les paul.... i am worried that if i choose lower output pickups i may loose some of the volume in a live situation, maybe i jus turn up old mr amplifryer...?

Comment

Working...
                  X