custom shop scott ian diablo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom shop scott ian diablo???

anyone have any info on the custom shop scott ian dual blade diablo pickup? i did a search and didn't find the info i was looking for...i know it's real hot in the 21-22k range (forgot exact #) but where would it lie on the tone chart how much bass, how much mid, how much high? thanks for any info.

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Re: custom shop scott ian diablo???

don't know about the tone chart but it is Alnico 5 the 2 blades you see in the picture are actually the bar magnets and it is right around 20.5k. MJ told me that is has a strong bass with out too much highs she also added that Scott has been using them for quite a few years. If this helps he uses it with 59's in the neck and sometimes a Jazz
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

thanks for the info...anyone have any ideas on the tone chart for it?

-Mike
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I believe it's supposed to be a super hot Screamin Demon (same type characteristics) if I recall correctly.

Comment

It most certainly is a Screaming Demon. Scott had an interview with Guitar World and he said it was a Screamin Demon with more coil windings and blades instead of polls. Good call.
          Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
          Peavey Valve King 1x12
          Ibanez PF15CE Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
            If this helps he uses it with 59's in the neck and sometimes a Jazz
            I've seen a few of his sig Jacksons with 2 Diablos.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
            X