help with tb4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with tb4

I bought one seymour duncan tb4 but my guitar has one tremolo wilkinson, liked to know if I can install tb4 in this tremolo? my friends had said me that the spaces between poles of tb4 are bigger than sh4.

can anyone help me?

Re: help with tb4

What I understand about trembuckers, the only difference is that the pole pieces are wider apart, thus wider between lowE-pole to highE-pole...

Measure the distance between your e-strings and check the distance between e-poles for the tb4. You don't have to have it EXCACTLY at the middle of the poles, but I can't imagine it's very good if it differs too much...?
    Rek Custom Guitar (Duncan Full Shred set)
    Peavey Vandenberg Ed.2 (Tom Anderson HN3, DiMarzio Chopper)
    Peavey Vandenberg Custom Quilt Top (Stock pickups)

Comment

up

Comment

Originally posted by ismael
        I bought one seymour duncan tb4 but my guitar has one tremolo wilkinson, liked to know if I can install tb4 in this tremolo? my friends had said me that the spaces between poles of tb4 are bigger than sh4.

can anyone help me?
        the TB-4 is made for just those type trems.
        floyds,wilkinsons,fenders all require a Tremspaced pup like the JB TB-4

Comment

Originally posted by SABOTAGE
          floyds,wilkinsons,fenders all require a Tremspaced pup like the JB TB-4
          While slightly off topic, newer Gibsons (with tune-o-matics!) require tremspaced pickups, as well.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
            While slightly off topic, newer Gibsons (with tune-o-matics!) require tremspaced pickups, as well.
            yeah this is right, all gibsons that have a 490T,498T or a 500T at the bridge
            are tremspaced
            gibson calls it treble spaced

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
              True the Nashville TOMs are spaced wider than the ABR-1 TOMs but they are still not as wide as a Floyd. For Gibson's, it depends on how the saddles are notched. I have standard spaced Duncans in four of my Gibsons and they line up just fine. You can use either SH or TB series Duncans.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
              Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
              Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
              Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Working...
              X