banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking about geting a Invader want some info tho.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about geting a Invader want some info tho.

well im thinking about geting a Invader for my strat and i was woundering how good they are for metal? and also how good their clean sound is?

Re: thinking about geting a Invader want some info tho.

good for some metal, not so great for cleans. what type of sound are ya going for?

Comment

stuff like "metallica, shadows fall and killswitch engage"

Comment

Also what amp are you using? When I first started playing metal I using a JCM800 it didnt have enough gain so the Invader was great for punching it in the face to the crunch out of it. But after it made a trip to Tod Langner and had a gain stage added the Invader sounded kinda flubby and was kinda hard to keep from feeding back at stage volume. It got swapped out for a Duncan Custom which matched much the amp much better after the mods. I guess the moral to the story is my amp makes a big difference in the pickup I choose.
        As for tones go I've always sorta equated Metallica with an EMG 81 sound.
        Last edited by Edgecrusher; 01-05-2005, 03:21 PM. Reason: spelling
        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

i got a little crappy peavey but thinking about geting maybe a crate or marshall.

Comment

It's just my 2 cents, but don't get pickups that are marketed to metalheads, get the ones that metal players actually use, like JB, Custom, Dist, CC, or C-5. That's where the tone is..........Just my opinion, but the Invader has overbearing output and crusty tone. Afterall, who's more metal, the majority of metal players OR Tom Delonge???
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

ty for the help.

Comment

i think you shouldn't listen to what people say and get something to have your own tone. not other people's.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  Afterall, who's more metal, the majority of metal players OR Tom Delonge???
                  Tom DeLonge is a terrible example of the Invader's tone. He used an Invader (loud-ass pickup) into a Rectifier (extremely high-gain amp) for a not-so gainy tone.

I have an Invader, and I really dig it. Depends on what you're using it for, though. James Hetfield thought it was good for the "Ride the Lightning" tone
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

lol i get some good info abd some bad... why cant every one agree and make this easyer lol.... i guess i will have to find a guitar with a invader in it and try it out.

Comment

My advice is try to hear it first before you buy it! Then you`ll know if its what your looking for. I made the mistake of buying one before actually hearing it and it turned out not for me!

Comment

Working...
                      X