banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripped pickup lead wire. How can i put them back together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripped pickup lead wire. How can i put them back together?

Hi guys,
    on my telecaster bridge '54, i ripped the lead wire in half. Both halfs are visible. How can i solder them back together. They are soooo tiny, and i can't quite put them in the same spot to put a glob of solter on them...

I tried putting a strip of copper tape on them, but the adhesive on that is not conductive. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Frantic_Rock; 01-05-2005, 07:13 PM.
    my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
    A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Re: Ripped pickup lead wire. How can i put them back together?

Actually I just fixed it.. Under intense lights i used a pair of tweezers to put them in the same spot, and then i just put a huge glob of solder on top of the intersection. I hope this will last.

Comment

Where did you break the wire? If it is one or both of the hook-up wires at the end that connects to the guitar you can just splice some new wire into the exsisting wire to reach your connection point. If you broke the very fine wire that comes from the pickups coil it is possible to remove one turn of the wire and reconnect it to the point that attaches the coil wire to the hook-up wire but that is a much trickier thing to do.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Yes i broke one of the finer brass colored little wires. I can't believe it. I had it, but then i wanted to redo it neater - and I lost the wire that's going into the coil. I'll see if I can find it. The coiils are surrounded by thread, so it's kinda hard. I hope i didn't ruin the pickup.

Comment

Working...
        X