Trembucker vs. Normal Spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trembucker vs. Normal Spacing

Does anyone know if there is a big difference between a Trembucker and a Normal spaced humbucker on a floyd equipped guitar? The JB trembucker appears too wide for my metal mounting rings and I was considering a normal spaced JB. Thanks

Re: Trembucker vs. Normal Spacing

With a standard spaced pickup, both E strings will almost totally miss the poles, and the A & B will be slightly off. Tonally, I can tell a difference, especially the high E. I'd get the trembucker, then if it doesn't fit, get a plastic mounting ring
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
      With a standard spaced pickup, both E strings will almost totally miss the poles, and the A & B will be slightly off. Tonally, I can tell a difference, especially the high E. I'd get the trembucker, then if it doesn't fit, get a plastic mounting ring
      Correct. But the Trembuckers already have a new mounting ring in the box, so getting a new one is kind of senseless
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

So you know, I've got standard and trem spaced Distortions in guitars with Floyds and I can't tell a difference at all. Not to dis anyone, but I think that a lot of times people can hear a difference because they expect to hear a difference. The difference is so subtle that most people who claim to be able to tell, would fail in a blind taste test.

Not taking a dig at you JBFH, not at all. You probably have a better ear than I do.
        Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I kind of agree with Travis, I am no expert, and I suppose if I where playing serious prossesional studio gigs, where tone and sound is everything, and time is money, I would worry a little more about it. I have a Floyd equiped Jackson style guitar with regualr spaced PUP's, and the difference in spacing is minimal (the high E is slightly off set, just catching the edge of the pole piece), and tonally I can't tell a difference. The neck pos I don't think there is a difference!!!

Would I rather have the proper F spaced pickup, ABSOLUTLY, but I am not going to worry about it all that much for the gigs and style I play.

'69 Mustang Competition
          '86 Jackson Custom Soloist
          AGZ FrankenSTRAT (SD TB-14b/DM DP-193n) SWEET!!!
          Epi Les Paul Standard (Jon Moore Custom Wound V-59's) BEAUTIFUL!!!
          '85 Aria Pro II RSV Deluxe (Stag Mag/ Aria Single Coils) Gotta Love you First!!!!

'66 Fender Super Reverb (The KING of all Amps!!!!)
          VOX DA-5
          www.myspace.com/mikearmagost

Comment

Working...
          X