Screamin Demon or Distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screamin Demon or Distortion?

I can`t seem to decide between the 2! Which one has more to offer as far as playing heavy metal music,palm mutes,definition,tone,harmonics,leads,rhythm,susta in,response,ect.....Please help me out here!!!!!!!

Re: Screamin Demon or Distortion?

You do realize that comparing these two is extremely apples & oranges, correct? The Demon is a mid output, PAF style, while the Distortion is very high (close to the Invader) and not very PAF-ish.

Have you given any thought to the Custom? It's a high output (less than the Distortion), PAF style pickup.

I recommended you the Invader before, so take my advice with a grain of salt
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Yeah i do JB From Hell......but from soundclips that i`ve heard from the demon,seems to have a real good metal sound with good tone. The output doesn`t matter that much as long as its sounds killer! I`m worried if i go with the Distortion it will be like the Invader,super high output but not that great of tone or good for leads.How`s the Distortion tone wise compared to the Invader?

Comment

I happen to have a Screamin' Demon in the bridge of an Ibanez. It smokes in my opinion. It isn't the high output, but it rocks the house.... now, I've never played a Distortion, but I do have experiance with a JB (high-out put). I prefer the Screamin' Demon. It seems to have a very balanced smooth sound.

PS, I am very amatuer at trying to describe pickup sound.

Comment

The Distortion has more highs. I can't say much about the lead tone of any of them. I think most bridge pickups sound like sh*t for leads.

There are two schools of thought for high gain tones... you need a hot pickup, or you don't. Lots of people like to use a low-medium pickup, and let the amp do the work. I like a hotter than hell pickup, smacking the amp upside the head

If you bought your Invader new, you know you can exchange it, right?
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Thanks JB From Hell...and yes i know i can exchange it but my brother in law is going to buy it from me so its cool! Is there anywhere i can hear some samples of the Distortion???

Comment

There are soundbytes on the Duncan site. Also, check out Tips & Clips. I'm sure there are lots of Distortion samples.

Comment

hey dude i have recordings of my DD and invader. i can post the link if you want, you just gotta put up with my friend's awful singing
                Originally posted by Aceman
                It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

the Screamin Demon is a fantastic unit for agressive drive IMO, have it in my Ibanez RG1550. the fact that it's not a high output unit makes it a good pickup to pump in loads of distortion.

coincidentally, the neck counterpart of the Screamin Demon in that same guitar, is a Distortion...
                  Psychic Horns

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                    You do realize that comparing these two is extremely apples & oranges, correct? The Demon is a mid output, PAF style, while the Distortion is very high (close to the Invader) and not very PAF-ish.

Have you given any thought to the Custom? It's a high output (less than the Distortion), PAF style pickup.

the custom is a real good compromise between those other two(demon and DD)

Comment

Thanks for all your help everyone!!! I`ve decided to go with the Demon!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X