X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metaled
    replied
    Re: Screamin Demon or Distortion?

Thanks for all your help everyone!!! I`ve decided to go with the Demon!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SABOTAGE
    replied

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
    You do realize that comparing these two is extremely apples & oranges, correct? The Demon is a mid output, PAF style, while the Distortion is very high (close to the Invader) and not very PAF-ish.

Have you given any thought to the Custom? It's a high output (less than the Distortion), PAF style pickup.

the custom is a real good compromise between those other two(demon and DD)

Leave a comment:

• bloodswords
    replied

the Screamin Demon is a fantastic unit for agressive drive IMO, have it in my Ibanez RG1550. the fact that it's not a high output unit makes it a good pickup to pump in loads of distortion.

coincidentally, the neck counterpart of the Screamin Demon in that same guitar, is a Distortion...

Leave a comment:

• ex-250
    replied

hey dude i have recordings of my DD and invader. i can post the link if you want, you just gotta put up with my friend's awful singing

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied

There are soundbytes on the Duncan site. Also, check out Tips & Clips. I'm sure there are lots of Distortion samples.

Leave a comment:

• metaled
    replied

Thanks JB From Hell...and yes i know i can exchange it but my brother in law is going to buy it from me so its cool! Is there anywhere i can hear some samples of the Distortion???

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied

The Distortion has more highs. I can't say much about the lead tone of any of them. I think most bridge pickups sound like sh*t for leads.

There are two schools of thought for high gain tones... you need a hot pickup, or you don't. Lots of people like to use a low-medium pickup, and let the amp do the work. I like a hotter than hell pickup, smacking the amp upside the head

If you bought your Invader new, you know you can exchange it, right?

Leave a comment:

• ls1ashley
    replied

I happen to have a Screamin' Demon in the bridge of an Ibanez. It smokes in my opinion. It isn't the high output, but it rocks the house.... now, I've never played a Distortion, but I do have experiance with a JB (high-out put). I prefer the Screamin' Demon. It seems to have a very balanced smooth sound.

PS, I am very amatuer at trying to describe pickup sound.

Leave a comment:

• metaled
    replied

Yeah i do JB From Hell......but from soundclips that i`ve heard from the demon,seems to have a real good metal sound with good tone. The output doesn`t matter that much as long as its sounds killer! I`m worried if i go with the Distortion it will be like the Invader,super high output but not that great of tone or good for leads.How`s the Distortion tone wise compared to the Invader?

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied

You do realize that comparing these two is extremely apples & oranges, correct? The Demon is a mid output, PAF style, while the Distortion is very high (close to the Invader) and not very PAF-ish.

Have you given any thought to the Custom? It's a high output (less than the Distortion), PAF style pickup.

I recommended you the Invader before, so take my advice with a grain of salt

Leave a comment:

• metaled
    started a topic Screamin Demon or Distortion?

Screamin Demon or Distortion?

I can`t seem to decide between the 2! Which one has more to offer as far as playing heavy metal music,palm mutes,definition,tone,harmonics,leads,rhythm,susta in,response,ect.....Please help me out here!!!!!!!
Working...
X