Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it a true sh-1 59' seymour duncan?

hi everybody,
    well i just bought a pretended SD sh-1 59 on ebay. the seller said that it came from a washburn n4 1994. i just received it and notice a few things:
    -no logo engraved on the back (i know that in front no logo is normal) and no stickers too. in fact there is nothing written on it.
    -and the colors of the wires are: black, red, orange and brown. it's totally different from the standard colors of SD. so do SD have differents colors?
    Well could someone help me and tell me if it's a true or false Sd sh-1
    thanks.

Re: is it a true sh-1 59' seymour duncan?

Well the N4 did have a 59 in the neck. But with that description, it sounds like it might not be. Is there a way you can measure it, see if it reads the same or close to a 59?
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by zubast
      hi everybody,
      well i just bought a pretended SD sh-1 59 on ebay. the seller said that it came from a washburn n4 1994. i just received it and notice a few things:
      -no logo engraved on the back (i know that in front no logo is normal) and no stickers too. in fact there is nothing written on it.
      -and the colors of the wires are: black, red, orange and brown. it's totally different from the standard colors of SD. so do SD have differents colors?
      Well could someone help me and tell me if it's a true or false Sd sh-1
      thanks.
      two things about all OEM duncans and duncans buckers in general are they all have a engraved baseplate with the writting"semour duncan pickups made in america" and the wire colors for humbuckers with four conductor wiring are ALWAYS with no exceptions red/green/white/black and a bare.
      if it was a two conductor duncan it would be outer silver braided ground wire and a cloth covered inner core hot wire like a old gibson
      i am sorry to tell you you did not get a duncan sh-1 59
      it is not even a duncan

Comment

be VERY carefull about what you purchase off ebay, there are so many scam artist on there i really dont even bother anymore. If i do buy something off there i will only deal with someone that has an excellent selling record and can provide me with clear detailed pictures. I cant tell you how many people try to be misleading like for example selling a les paul copy described as a les paul and when they take pictures they purposley make it difficult to see the headstock to trick you. Sorry to hear that it sounds like you got ripped. If this guy wont refund your money call the cops in the city he lives in.

I had a problem once where i got ripped off for an exspensive soundcard and thats what i did. The detective called him and scared the crap out of him until he sent me a refund. It took 3 months mind you but i did get my money back.

Comment

ok, thanks to you. i received too a mail from sd customers services and it's not a sd...well i talked with the seller and he refund me my money and i send him back his pickup. i will be more prudent next time.

Comment

if you're ever in doubt, no genuine seller will mind sending you a photograph..

Comment

Working...
            X