Well, I decided on a PG set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I decided on a PG set

After having the DD/PG paired up in my Hamer Special FM for a little while now, I came to a realization. While the Distortion sounds friggin' great, I need a little something different. I have plenty of shredders, and while the DD is incredibly versatile, I just need a different overall tone from this guitar. So, I got a PGb off of ebay for $55. My only concern is that the guitar will be a little too bright for my tastes. Anyone care to voice their opinions on the matter?
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Re: Well, I decided on a PG set

I would think that that would be a real nice combo. You can always adjust brightness with simple vol/tone pot selection, and tone cap choice.

Comment

true
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I have a PG set in my Paul and I run a bigger cap for the tone control in the bridge position and a 250k pot for that tone control. It works great.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I might try something like that if it's too bright with the stock Hamer 500k pots.

Comment

Working...
          X