a bridge in the neck...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a bridge in the neck...?

good evening riff writers...........what would be the consequence of me putting a bridge 'bucker in the neck, maybe not a high output one.
    for riff beef and nice lead tone...........or am i stupid
    any thoughts...?
    cheers like

Re: a bridge in the neck...?

Well it might be a bit...weird. Bridge pickups are overwound to compensate for less bass at the bridge, so putting a bridge pickup in the neck spot will make it very bassy. But if you adjust it right, you can make it work. A lot of guys use a JB in both the neck and bridge, or a Custom in the bridge with a JB in the neck, to good results.
    '04 Schecter C-1 Plus (TB-4 JB/SH-2n Jazz)

Comment

I think it would really depend on the pickup some pickups out there are sold by the manufacturers as being either bridge or neck. I've had guitars that had a pair of superdistortions in them before. But a pickup like a bridge invader would be too hot and too bassy for the neck position. Did you have a specific pickup in mind? or just wondering about the concept?
      Last edited by Edgecrusher; 01-06-2005, 08:24 PM.
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I have the jb in the neck, great lead tone, and decent cleans to.
        But the rhytm tone is to muddy, but i bought it for the FAT lead tone anyway

Comment

Working...
        X