New pickup idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pickup idea.

I was thinking of trying this myself, but wonder how well it would work.

Imagine mounting something like a Lil 59 and a JB Jr. side-by-side in the same standard-humbucker hole. They share the same magnets, which would fight each other if placed side-by-side.

So, you'ld mount them on a common, (ordinary), humbucker plate with an ordinary humbucker magnet. Use whichever one maintained the original sound qualities. This would give you the capabilities for four actuall pickups in a standard dual-humbucker guitar. The connection choices would be amazing.

Maybe it could called the "Double-Trouble" series, or something. And different combo's, like: Screamin Deamon/Duckbucker, Hot Rails/Cool Rails, etc.

What do you think?

Re: New pickup idea.

Originally posted by ArtieToo
    I was thinking of trying this myself, but wonder how well it would work.

Maybe it could called the "Double-Trouble" series, or something. And different combo's, like: Screamin Deamon/Duckbucker, Hot Rails/Cool Rails, etc.

What do you think?
    Sounds pretty ambitious. I like the idea of the multiple personality pickup.

I would love to see Duncan make a full size humbucker version of the Hot Rails, using two bobbins with four blades total. And include a switch to select either bobbin, or run the two sides serial or parallel.
    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Here are my dream pickups.

A motherbucker with two JB jr's back to back with eight conductor wiring.

A 1/2 pounder humbucker which would have two tapped QP's back to back with four conductor wiring.

A single coil with Alnico II magnets and vintage stagger that is wound ultra hot. Kind of a single coil version of Custom Custom. Fat, warm, and smooth with lots of oomph! A smoothed out overdriven version of a single coil. Like a Dimarzio SD-1.

Snowdog

Comment

that sounds like a really cool idea, of course i have no idea on how they would be wired though

Comment

i think this is a great idea........especially for those people who arent exactly sure what they want......
          http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
          >cord<
          1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

I've got the wiring drawn out. The hard part is buying that many p'ups.

Actually, I might try it with two, to start.

Comment

cool!

i like the JB jr/lil 59 deal. sounds like it would be smmmmmoooooooth

Comment

Hey this is realyy funny,I was thinking abouth this since the past 1year of puting a JB jr and lil 59 combo for the bridge. with a 3way switch, so i could switch between the two and use them both together. I really dont know how it would sound though.
                sigpic
                Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                JFG Flying V,
                "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

dimarzio had a pup like that, cant remember what it was called but it was a fast track 1 and chopper stuck togeather

Comment

My Kramer has that type of pickup, http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs..._id=350&key=20

there is the Kent Armstrong Motherbucker, the idea seems very similar. All i can say is that the sound i get out of the quadrails when having all four coils of one humbucker going, it gives a very nice thick meaty sound with a good dosage of low end. I like it split aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by cvansickle
                      I would love to see Duncan make a full size humbucker version of the Hot Rails,
                      Me too! Hehe I have that pick up in my strat and it rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wolf
                        I knew someone beat me to it!

Comment

Working...
                        X