Furious George!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furious George!!!!

Has anyone heard the latest George Lynch cd "Furious George"? This guy is such an amazing player, although respected, i dont think not as much as he should be probably due to the fact he came from Dokken, a band thats looked upon as being nothing more then a 80`s hair metal band. Whatever you may think about Dokken there is no denying George`s talent.I always thought it would have been cool if Satriani and Vai would have done a G3 tour with him but then again he doesn`t release instrumental music so it probably wouldn`t have worked. Definitely one of my all time favorite guitar players!
    Last edited by metaled; 01-07-2005, 01:16 PM.

Re: Furious George!!!!

I thought this thread was gonna be about George Tabb's band Furious George.
    Gear
    [GUITARS]
    06 Gibson VOS R8 Iced Tea, 05 Gibson Les Paul Jr. Sunburst, 05 Fender Hwy 1 Strat Sapphire Blue, 06 Ibanez AS73 Cherry, 06 Squier Vintage Mod P Bass

[AMPS]
    70's Silverface Champ, 60's Silvertone TwinTwelve, Sovtek Mig50, Avatar 212, Vox AD15VT

Comment

No instrumental. Dude check out Mr. Scary the last track on the Dokken release back for the attack. As you say he is SCARY!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah i know sac.......but you cant do a concert with 1 instrumental song! *LOL*
        I meant the G3 tours are mostly guitarist with alot or all instrumental albums!!!

Comment

awesome cd with one of the best mixing jobs i have heard in a while !!!!!!!!!! and george is a scary player!!!!!!!!!!
          Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
          Suhr OD-50
          Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

I'm going to have to check this out. Who does the vocal work?

Comment

You'll not get much argument from this board. Alot of fans here, including myself. George is an inspiration to me. I cannot play anywhere near his level, but it's just his freedom of playing and he makes it look soooo easy.
              Originally posted by Scott_F
              On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Lynch is great. Do a search, and you'll find my thread, and others, about this incredible album.
                Wrong room for this thread, btw ...
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

A guy by the name Kelly Keeling does the vocals.

Comment

Originally posted by metaled
                    A guy by the name Kelly Keeling does the vocals.
                    Keely Keeling: Formerly of Heaven and Earth, Stuart Smith's band, and a contributing writer to the last couple Dokken albums.

Comment

Yup . . . this is the CD from which I "discovered" George Lynch. There's another thread about this in the Sound Room somewhere - unless it was pre-forum-crash.

The only thing I would disagree with, (someone else saying), is I didn't think the mix was that great. For a CD thats supposed to feature George Lynch, his chops are often burried in the mix. On "All Along The Watchtower" especially, his guitar is almost hidden behind the singer.

Still, a great album. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                      X