SH-2 Jazz Pickup VS 59 Classic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH-2 Jazz Pickup VS 59 Classic?

I've been leaning towards placing the SH-2 in my Epiphone along with the Duncan Distortion in the bridge, but an owner for a local store suggested I was better off picking up the 59 classic instead. I'm looking for versatility and clarity, particularly with distortion, and quite frankly I don't really even want my guitar to have a classic rock sound to it.

Overall, which pickup is better in your opinion and why?

Re: SH-2 Jazz Pickup VS 59 Classic?

you cant ask which is better, cause different pups have different sounds for different music, with that aside, the 59 is warmer, basser, the jazz is brighter, more trebly.
    I got a dd/jazz in my axe, it sounds great. In my opinion the 59 is too bassey, the jazz is better,(in my opinion)..........hope i helped.

Comment

Based on what you are describing as the sound you want - I would suggest the Jazz. The 59 would probably be more on the classic rock side of things, but keep in mind that I am less familiar with the 59 - on the other hand I own a guitar with a Jazz.

Comment

The Jazz is outstanding clean and distorted,you can`t go wrong with it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by metaled
          The Jazz is outstanding clean and distorted,you can`t go wrong with it!!!
          +1

Quick question...we are talking about the SD 59 and not the Gibson 57 classic? Calling it a 59 classic threw me off.

I have to agree that the jazz is an excellent pup as is the 59. In my opinion getting rid of some of the inherent bassiness in the neck pup slot really cleanes up the position. That's why I like the jazz. The 59 is a scooped PAF sound and the jazz (although still a low output) is a little a little more modern sounding. I use the jazz in my Heritage 150 and love it. My bass player/friend said "that's what a neck pup should sound like."

Luke
          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Working...
          X