X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benedetto B6 !

Hi

Here this simple diagram: Benedetto B6 humbucker, 1 volume,1 tone, Bourns vintage pots, I'd like hum cancelling, full power. Nothing else....Seymour tech told me that there is not a wiring diagram. The wiring inside the box has a switch and I don't know the standard pot-Bourns conversion, so I can't understand where I have solder..... I have no switch on my wiring as well. Guitarelectronics.com sent to me a clear diagram but....it doesn't work. My guitar has a very weak sound and it sounds rolling down the volume. I soldered white wiring pick up on pin 1 and bare black pick up togheter on pin 3

Click image for larger version

Name:	guitarelectronics.com.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	5829119Click image for larger version

Name:	my work w..jpg
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	5829121Click image for larger version

Name:	inside box.jpg
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	5829122
    Last edited by fede; 07-17-2013, 07:37 PM.

Re: Benedetto B6 !

To me the white looks like a coil tap, tape it off. put the black where you have the white, leave the ground where it is.

Comment

I don't think so.

The shield is a separate lead, and the black and white are the hot and ground leads.

Solder one of them to ground with the shield, and wire the other lead to the first lug on the volume pot.

Proceed as instructed by the guitar electronics schematic.
      "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Here the Duncan tech words about 4 wiring Duncan diagram (not 3 as benedetto) :

Hi Frederico,
        Unfortunately, we don't have the exact schematic you need. However, you can just take the diagram you found and do this-
        Disregard the red and white wires on the diagram. The black pickup wire in the diagram will be the white wire on the Benedetto. Your bare wire is the ground, which will be the green and bare on the diagram. Good luck!

Ok bare and green on Duncan diagram are the bare
        black on Duncan diagram is the white
        and the black on benedetto? is missing ..

Last edited by fede; 07-18-2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
          I don't think so.

The shield is a separate lead, and the black and white are the hot and ground leads.

Solder one of them to ground with the shield, and wire the other lead to the first lug on the volume pot.

Proceed as instructed by the guitar electronics schematic.
          Here the Duncan tech words about 4 wiring Duncan diagram (not 3 as benedetto) :

Hi Frederico,
          Unfortunately, we don't have the exact schematic you need. However, you can just take the diagram you found and do this-
          Disregard the red and white wires on the diagram. The black pickup wire in the diagram will be the white wire on the Benedetto. Your bare wire is the ground, which will be the green and bare on the diagram. Good luck!

Ok bare and green on Duncan diagram are the bare
          black on Duncan diagram is the white
          and the black on benedetto? is missing ..

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

No then the black on the Benedetto should be green and grounded along with the bare wire
            There's nothing less metal than trying to act metal.

Comment

benedetto black and bare together on the back pot you mean ? I also want understand if guitarelectronic diagram is correct because i want my money back.

Comment

ok jtougas I'll try ...
                so example : black and bare to ground and white to the first lug
                or .............. white and bare to ground and black to the first lug
                you mean ?
                Last edited by fede; 07-18-2013, 02:27 AM.

Comment

That wiring diagram is all Greek to me... The 3rd image you posted is a correct diagram. The switch acts as a on off switch. It also seems to be switching the ground wires instead of the hot wires.... Or I'm reading wrong.

For this I'd just go with a single humbucker wiring diagram (don't look for Benedetto wiring specifically.) go onto the SD website and look at their single humbucker wiring. I'd ground the black and bare wires and then send the white to the volume pot and tone and then the tip of the output jack. No switch or anything

Comment

Originally posted by fede View Post
                    ok jtougas I'll try ...
                    so example : black and bare to ground and white to the first lug
                    or .............. white and bare to ground and black to the first lug
                    you mean ?

This won't make a difference if you're just using one humbucker.
                    You only need the correct phasing if you're using 2 pickups

Comment

THANKS TO ALL !

TECHNICIAN , now the guitar is ok

Comment

Working...
                      X