banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reccomendations for my pup electronics & setup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccomendations for my pup electronics & setup...

After getting some misc trouble sorted out, I can finally order my new pup set (SH-5 & APH-1N). But, before doing that, I'd like some help from you guys... again:

1.- Can I put metal covers over those pups? If, so, how would it affect my sound?

2.- If putting covers made too much of a difference on sound, how must I order a zebra set? One just "zebra" and the other "inverted zebra"? (sorry for this n00b question)

3.- What's the most versatile electronics setup to make full use of coil-splitting on a Les Paul?

4.- As my guitar is pretty old, I'd like to change ALL of the electronics and all of the accesories (y'know... pickguard, knobs, bridge, tail-piece, nut, tuners, strap buttons...). Where can I find good prices and variety?

In resume: I WANT OT COMPLETELY REVAMP MY GOOD OL' AXE.

I f you made it down here, thanks for takining the time to read... and possibly to answer!

Re: Reccomendations for my pup electronics & setup...

I think the consensus is that the way covers are made today your sound won't be affected that much. Opinions vary though, if you do a search here you'll find a lot of discussion on it. Both stewmac and guitarelectronics.com are good sources for parts etc.

Comment

Re: Reccomendations for my pup electronics & setup...

yea i think that most duncans have the option to put a metal cover on it.. about the sound.. that one is questionable... it might be slightly different that an open coil pickup but the difference is fairly small, it'll probably make your playing sound more steely... about the zebra thing i'm not to sure myself... it all depends on preference i guess...for a les paul i think that you should get a push/pull knob so that you don't have to make new cavities in your axe.. as for hardware your local guitar shop should have most of it there... or you could try order from online but that price will even out eventually because of all the tax and stuff... i hope that helps
      Schecter C1 Blackjack (with emgs 81/85)
      Gibson SG

Laney HCM 65R
      Marshall MG 30DFX

Boss MD 2 mega distortion
      Line 6 Guitarport

Jim Dunlop Tortex picks

Comment

Working...
      X