Invader Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invader Modification

First off, I think I'm going to be buying a 7-string guitar with Invaders in the neck and bridge. The first thing I'm worried about is that the Invader, being so bassy, will sound bad on the low B. The second thing I'm worried about is that it is a mahogany body with rosewood fretboard, which both are dark tonewoods.

I was wondering if there is any way for me to modify the Invader, such as new magnets or pole pieces, so that I get a little brighter tone? I really don't want to have to spend the money to get new pickups if I don't like the Invaders.
    I get to go to a lot of overseas places, like Canada.
    -Britney Spears

Re: Invader Modification

i donīt know man
    talk with JB_FROM_HELL
    Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
    Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
    Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
    Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
    Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
    Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
    Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
    Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Hey ank - ltns; I was out-of-touch for awhile. Did you ever get that wiring diagram you needed. Let me know. I'll "catch-up".

As for the Invaders, if you don't like them, usually someone will trade on the Trading Post. Just a thought.

Take care. (See ya in the chat . . . maybe.)

Comment

Well I don't want to have to pay to have new pickups installed, which is why I want to know whether or not I can modify the Invaders. Who knows, maybe I'll like the sound of them!

As for that diagram, I don't need it anymore. I just took it into a shop to get it done. It turns out that I'm deadly with a soldering iron.
        -Britney Spears

Comment

Does the guitar have a Floyd? If so, the lack-of-brightness will be a total non-issue.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Yep it has a Floyd.
            -Britney Spears

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it being too dark, then. Floyds bring brightness galore to the table.

If you do think it's too dark, there are a couple tricks. For one, swap the oxide caps with 10-32 threaded screws, or hex poles (ala DiMarzio). You can also remove two of the magnets, which will reduce the output somewhat, and turn the bass down a bit, as well.
              Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 01-19-2005, 07:36 PM.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
              X