500k pots in a Jazz Bass...and other pertinent questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500k pots in a Jazz Bass...and other pertinent questions

I'm thinking about rewiring my Jazz Bass, and I'm wondering if 500k pots would work better with the stacked set (Not Duncans, sorry ) I'm currently using. Right now, I'm running the pickups in series, but that might change soon (how can I maximize the growl?). Also, I'd like to change the wiring scheme to either a Vol/Tone/Tone layout or Vol/Tone/Switch (either to select pickups or to switch between series/parallel). With the wiring setup I'm currently using, the tone control is pretty useless (there's no taper, really; just "off" and "on"). I've heard this might be because of the traditional (note: not original) wiring scheme loading the pickups.

On a slightly related note, I've had issues with my bass neck ever since I got it. It seems as if the neck is bowed, but the relief is perfect. Because of this, I have to set the action extremely high (almost 1/2 an inch off the board!). Do I need to shim the neck? How would I do that?

Re: 500k pots in a Jazz Bass...and other pertinent questions

Nothing, huh?

Comment

bro, I can't answer either question. but here is a bump for you. I am also thinking about re-doing my Jazz Bass...what pups are you using? Im thinking Antiquitys, and setting it up like a Stack pot.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
        what pups are you using?
        Bill Lawrence J-45's...wow, just wow. They're MONEY! I would have loved to snag some of those ANT II's, but I would have been putting them in a $120 instrument!
        Last edited by mrid; 01-20-2005, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
          Bill Lawrence J-45's...wow, just wow. They're MONEY! I would have loved to snag some of those ANT II's, but I would have been putting them in a $120 instrument!
          i hear ya...but m y Jazz was FREE, it's an early MIJ Fender Jazz bass...and I got it for nothing so the pups will be the cost of the bass for me!
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
          X