Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB in Strat

What's up everyone,
    I have a Fender Reissue '57 Strat and I wanna install a JB Trembucker in at the bridge. I know it'd be easier to just put in a JB Jr. and not gut the wood, but I really want to put in the full trembucker. Also, I want it installed on a Slant to keep the look of the original slanted bridge pickup...pretty much like Billie Joe from Green Day or Eddie Van Halen have their humbuckers on slants at the bridge.
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Anyways, so my technician told me I have to get a custom pickguard made and what not, which is no biggie, and that I'd pretty much be covered even though the pole pieces don't Exactly align cause of the angle because the output on the JB is so high that it won't matter...
    I love my strat and I wanna do this job the right way and not do it half-assed but I just wanted to hear your opinions on it-if any
    Thanks in advance,
    Nick

Re: JB in Strat

I'll say it first, and you'll hear it from a bunch of people ... don't cut your existing pickguard. that way you can restore it to it's original shape if/when you get tired of the jb or if you just want your old strat back. also it will retain value with the original pickguard. the jb does sound excellent in a strat so you will be pleased. the jb jr will not sound like the full sized jb BTW. have fun with it man. the jb is my favorite pup. you'll be happy with it.
    -Greg

Guitars:
    2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
    2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
    2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
    Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Yupp, I want the full JB cause I know the Jr. won't compare,,,as far as gutting it, I'm not concerned with value going down at all cause I love the guitar and could never sell it... and as for the pickguard, I'm getting it custom cut from either All Parts or DW. Only thing I'm worried about is putting it on an angle. The technician who's helpin me out with this says it will all be fine because of the output but it would still be more "efficient" to get it done straight. --Billie Joe Armstrong has the same exact set up in his axe and he sounds efficient as hell to me!

Comment

The Fender Jag-Stang has a slanted bridge humbucker, and it looks ok. So I guess it would just be a matter of how neatly you do it.

Comment

Listen to Jake E. Lee in his Ozzy days-all JB equipped strats through Marshalls
          Gibson ES-335 (stock '57 Classics)*Warmoth Tele (PGn/Brobuckerbridge) *Fender American Strat w/DiMarzio Fast Track Is*Fender Princeton Reverb*Martin D-28*Favorite effects-Maxon AD80*80s Ibanez TS-9*80s Boss OD-1*Fulldrive 2*Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and MicroVibe-Maxon AF-9*Vox Wah

Comment

Working...
          X