Weezer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weezer

what kind of humbucker would be good for getting a weezer (pinkerton) sound in a strat?
    "Your momma's whack, your granny's wack, I keep a handy wipe in my fanny pack" -Ill mitch

Re: Weezer

'59 bridge, DiMarzio Super 2 in the neck.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
      '59 bridge, DiMarzio Super 2 in the neck.

word b!tch!!!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

im a huuuuge weezer fan, and a frequent at the weezer.com message boards (basically only their equipment forum). for the album, rivers used a 70's les paul through a marshall (most likely a 1992 reissue anniversary). a key and i mean key element in the pinkerton sound was a big muff. thats how he got that fuzzy sound. you cannot get the sound without a muff.
        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
        fender mim standard strat
        peavey classic 30
        johnson j-station
        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
        yamaha f-310p acoustic
        taylor 410 acoustic
        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

thanks. my guitar is routed hss, so im gonna get a 59 ot jb in the bridge, and probably leave the neck and mid stock
          "Your momma's whack, your granny's wack, I keep a handy wipe in my fanny pack" -Ill mitch

Comment

The JB is a killer pickup. I just popped mine in a new (well, new to me ) Charvel, and I'm having so much fun with it.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
            X