banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JB in an Alder strat w/ maple neck/FLoyd, Review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB in an Alder strat w/ maple neck/FLoyd, Review!

Hey guys,
    Just thought I would post my Review of a JB, Reg spaced pickup I installed in my Alder superstrat, one piece maple neck, FLoyd. Let me preface this that I initially installed a C-5 in it and it was way too bright for my liking. I ended up swapping magnets to an A-2 making it a C/C. It tamed the brightness but s a little compressed. I was looking for a crunchy, Raw Jake E. Lee tone with this guitar. I was afraid the JB would be ice picky with a 500K Pot. Well I installed it today. It sounds great, not bright at all, very pronounced upper mids which I love. Very Crunchy and alot more articulate than the C/C in this guitar almost made the C/C sound muddy. After playing it I won't be changing the Magnets or anything else. Amazing how different pickups can be due to windings and wire size. I was all ready to dislike the JB going on past experience, well seems my memory was wrong. I am very impressed with the JB it fits my playing style great.

I also want to say Lew here on the forum where I bought the pickup is a very stand up guy and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him again.

I hope this help some guys sitting on the fence over a JB.

Re: JB in an Alder strat w/ maple neck/FLoyd, Review!

As I've said befoer, it will make ANY guitar kick a$$. With a JB, you cannot go wrong!
    Praise the JB!

Comment

I love the bowing smiley guys, That's hilarious.

Too say the least I was very shocked how this JB sounds especially with the Floyd and the ALder body wood. But my ears love it, One thing I did not mention is that there is as much if not more low end with the JB than the C/C. I am sure that will vary form guitar to guitar as well.

Cheers guys!

Comment

I have JB in my Alder Jackson. It will probably stay there forever. Nothing seems to scream 80's metal like a JB. Could use a little more bottom end, though. My other Alder Jackson has a DD, which I was really liking alot last night for some reason. So, I guess I almost have the best of 80's metal worlds with DD and JB loaded Jacksons. Need a 3rd for a SD.

-Matt
        Originally posted by Scott_F
        On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

All hail the JB!
          :afro:

Comment

The JB rocks in my alder super-strat w/ Floyd and rosewood fretboard!!!

Sounded like poop in my old SL1 though.

It's definitely one of the best pickups ever though....it can sound HUGE in the right guitar and fit in the mix *perfectly*.

Comment

Congrats man!! It's allway nice to get to the tone you are after...

Comment

Working...
              X