Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Shred bridge- in neck?!?!?!?!

Hi guys,

I'm going to be doing some work on some dude from school's guitar and he wants to get another Duncan bridge pup and put the Full Shred he already hasin the bridge, in the empty neck slot. I didn't ask him what he's considering for the new pup. Anyways, has anyone here put a full shred bridge model in the neck? I'd like to tell him what it will sound like. I'm assuming rather smooth and not TOO hot, right? This guy is definetely into Metal and shredding. Think like Cradle of Filth and Slayer-type stuff.

One last thing, for as talented as this kid is, he's limited to an old, beat-up BC Rich Bronze Warlock! A pair of Duncans is worth more than this guitar! LOL Luckily, I know how to make the worst looking, sounding, playing pieces of sh*t like gold!
    ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Re: Full Shred bridge- in neck?!?!?!?!

The bridge version of the FS is twice the resistance of the neck version. It would have more output, and probably way less treble. The resonance peak drops from around 8khz to 5.5khz. I imagine it would be real midrange heavy.

But who knows . . . that might work good for metal.

Comment

Resistance doesn't mean jack considering that the bridge version probably just uses smaller wire and maybe 500-1000 more winds. a resonent peak changes with it's position and I recall the guitar (I've heard him play it) to be pretty damn trebly and not all that hot. Regardless, I'm looking for opinions by people who have tried it. We might have to be the first ones to try this. If so, I guess I'll swap the pup out at no extra charge if he isn't satified.
      ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

It would be interesting to hear how it works out. I'm toying with the idea of putting a Blues Saraceno in the neck to compliment a Distortion Trembucker in the bridge. It would be cool if it works out good.

Comment

Working...
        X