Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Fender Delta Tone Pot and Hotrails

SITREP.....

I installed a Hotrail in the bridge of my American Strat which has the Delta Tone "no-load" pot for the middle and bridge pups. I wired it in accordance with the following SD schematic:

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

I had the wife stop by Radio Shack to pick up an order I placed so that I could have the appropriate capacitors, as I originally only needed one for the 3 single coils. These are the caps I installed:

Well here is the problem......

Before the install, the Delta Tone (which I will refer to as T2 from here on through) has a detent at 10 which is not supposed to filter any tone out of the middle and/or bridge pups when using position #4 & #5. However, the exact opposite is occuring.....

When at 10, the tone is muffled as thoug it is at 1, When you roll it out of the detent, it immediately becomes bright and the tone does not change at all from 1-9.

I went through VERY meticulously and checked ALL wiring and joints. There are no cold joints, and everything is as pretty as I have time to make it. See pic:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

If anyone has any input or advice, I would certainly appreciate it. ArtieToo was a huge help today. Here is the link to the thread we worked on today, if you would like to know the details of the whole situation. Thanks in advance for any assitance. Again, Artie I appreciate your assistance today, you were a lifesaver. At least now I can play my 2 gigs this weekend, although not with my best tone!!!
    ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com
Working...
X