GFS Pickups....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFS Pickups....

Has anyone ever tried this pickups out? I searched on ebay, and usually one can find them for a great price, but I don't really trust them since I haven't any sound clips...

Opinions? Facts? Feel free to talk about these pickups
    A candy coated dream with parks and trees and figurines and her arms wrapped 'round my sleeve.
    With tiny steps and eyes of green; Toy guitar that's out of tune, eyes fixed on morning time cartoons. And by the lantern of the moon I will dream of a love like you.

Re: GFS Pickups....

I've heard they're pretty good if you want to replace crap pickups without spending a lot of money. Another cheap pup maker to consider would be Mighty Mite (I believe Seymour used to work for them).

Comment

Re: GFS Pickups....

I put one of there P-90s in a Epi LP I was refinishing for a friend. i picked
      it mainly cuz' it matched his pickguard (Black Pearloid) and he never use's
      the neck PuP anyway. I don't think it would hold up against a Phat cat
      But I can't say it sounded bad. It was P-90ish, a bit dark but not muddy
      and very quiet. GFS Good to Fill a Slot
      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

MIGHTY MIGHT pick ups

Okay, so these pick ups aren't as good as they could be. What about Mighty Might Pickups, I bought a pearl pickguard from them and it's awesome!
        A candy coated dream with parks and trees and figurines and her arms wrapped 'round my sleeve.
        With tiny steps and eyes of green; Toy guitar that's out of tune, eyes fixed on morning time cartoons. And by the lantern of the moon I will dream of a love like you.

Comment

Working...
        X