Which Pick-up for Slipknot Type Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Pick-up for Slipknot Type Music

if nobody likes the invader. why is it the most voted pickup. my Dimarzio evolutions in my jem do the slipknot sound well they stay really tight when detuned and have plenty of bottom end. I have a full shred in my strat and thats also amazing. the full shred has a bit more bottom and grunt than the evolution but just a slight more muddy. though i could not chose between the pickups thier both great. you dont need a really high output pickup to nail the sound, most of it comes from the amps and cabs.
    Cornford Hellcat
    Peavey 5150 - Marshall 1960A cab

Ibanez 1994 Jem7VWH - Stock
    Fender Strat - Fullshred/Duckbucker/lil59
    Fender Strat - Jb Jr bridge + 2x Fender Single coils
    Fender 1976 Precision Bass

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

Comment

Originally posted by aaronsdmf
      JB or emgs.
      Kac, don't let those EMG salesman (or anyone else) talk you toward the EMG HZ4 pickups. These are supposed to be the passive alternatives for the 81/85. Although these aren't as bad as anyone says, the Duncans you mentioned are far better.

Just my 2 cent.
      Rock on!

Bluesrock form the Netherlands!

Comment

Originally posted by rocker_71
        Kac, don't let those EMG salesman (or anyone else) talk you toward the EMG HZ4 pickups. These are supposed to be the passive alternatives for the 81/85. Although these aren't as bad as anyone says, the Duncans you mentioned are far better.
        Yeah, I bought a Set of EMG-HZ's before for a Washburn HSH guitar with a Floyd Rose, they were alright, but I definetly know better now!
        Rock On
        ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
        2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
        Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
          One of their guitarists (Mick?) used to use a POD Pro into a Mesa power amp.
          They've been 100% tube since day one. Until Subliminal Verses, Mick used a VHT almost exclusively, and Jim used a Mesa DC-10 & Peavey 5150.

I'm still saying Invader. I've always loved it, and it sounds the best in alder. I think a tremelo may be the ingredient that keeps the Invader from getting muddy.
          Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 01-26-2005, 09:20 PM.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

ive read soooo many places that Mick used A Jmp-1 into mesa poweramps and Carvin/Bogner cabs. never heard anything about a VHT. im not arguing as im no expert but im just saying what ive read and been told.
            Cornford Hellcat
            Peavey 5150 - Marshall 1960A cab

Ibanez 1994 Jem7VWH - Stock
            Fender Strat - Fullshred/Duckbucker/lil59
            Fender Strat - Jb Jr bridge + 2x Fender Single coils
            Fender 1976 Precision Bass

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
              I'm still saying Invader. I've always loved it, and it sounds the best in alder. I think a tremelo may be the ingredient that keeps the Invader from getting muddy.
              That's great Because I've decided to go with the Invader. My signature gives the specs for what the guitar will be in a couple weeks.
              Got the Maple neck w/ maple fretboard on it now, and the LSR nut, can't wait to get the pick-up and new tuners.
              Rock On
              ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
              2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
              Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

I am gonna be REALLY shocked if Invader + maple board + maple neck + trem = mud.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                X