brightness of pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brightness of pups

hey guys, if a guitar sounds too bright, what exactally is that? how does it sound, is too bright bad.
    i got an alder warmoth soloist body, maple neck, rosewood board. i'm putting a dd in the bridge, some people say it might be bright...can anyone inlighten me please.

Re: brightness of pups

Gianni, brightness is in the ear of the beholder. It's too bright if it makes you flinch a little bit when you hit that open G-Chord in my opinion.

I had the DD in my Alder Jackson for awhile. I didn't think it was too bright. I thought it had great punch.

Try it on for size, and play it for a few weeks.
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt
      Gianni, brightness is in the ear of the beholder.
      agreed.

Sometimes I think my Alder MIM strat with maple fretbaord and 18 volt active pu is too bright, but 2 seconds later I'll love it, I think you will enjoy the DD.
      Rock On
      ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
      2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
      Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

I my opinion too bright it is when a pickup it is bright and, if I don't like it, i can't find a eq setting that I like. Sometimes this bright pickups sound lifeless when you reduce the treble since that frecuencies are very important to their character. But, in the end, it is a matter of personal taste. I prefer eqilibrated guitar-pickup settings because they let you shape the tone more freely.

Comment

Working...
        X