Single HB thicker than the Hot Rails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single HB thicker than the Hot Rails?

I've checked the tone chart, but I'm wondering more about real world experience. I've got a Hot Rails in the bridge position of my Hamer Mirage I. While I like the sound, it just seems to come out a little bright and thin when compared to my HB equipped guitars. It's the only single coil sized HB I've tried in a bridge position. I was wondering if anyone has used something else like a Lil Demon or Lil 59, etc. that might be a little thicker than the Hot Rails. Or am I just a little stuck because of the koa top on the guitar?
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Re: Single HB thicker than the Hot Rails?

Hot rails is the hottest mini Hb from duncan. That is for sure.
    If you still want more output, put in a real HB, or check other manufacturers.

EMG has acive single coil pups, emg sa. Check their website, there are sound examples too.

Dimarzio has some fat singlecoils too, Fast Track and the Malmsteens HS-3.

So there are more options..... hope it helps.
    Rock on!

Bluesrock form the Netherlands!

Comment

Re: Single HB thicker than the Hot Rails?

I'm not necessarily looking for hotter, just thicker with more meat and bottom end to it. You know, something nice and chunky.

By the way, there is a mini switch that bypasses all other electronics and runs the bridge pickup full on with no volume or tone control. Because of that, would it even make a difference to try a different value pot?
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
      X