Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website for pickup audio clips

Hi all

I've been researching and looking to get some humbuckers for a Precision Guitar Kits Les Paul I'm having built at the moment. I've been doing the rounds with custom winders and stock pickup manufacturers to see which I'm going to stick in it, I've emailed lots of people and had various responses.

My enquiries were based on having Clapton "Bluesbreaker" sounding pickups, as they were reportedly from a 1960 they would have had alnico 5 magnets. I've had plenty of "yeah we can do that for you" responses but also a couple of suggestions to use alnico 2 to warm up the bridge and 4 to brighten up the neck.

I'm certainly no expert and all of the suppliers I've contacted clearly know their stuff and have reasons behind their methodology. This led me to thinking why there isn't a website set up for people to directly compare different audio clips of pickups, something Acme guitar works used to have for single coils before they shut down. Something us end users can upload to, to build up a usable database.
    I'm thinking samples for: Neck clean, neck crunch, middle clean, middle dirty, bridge clean, bridge dirty

I mean how hard can it be???........
Working...
X