Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Att: all Ibanez SZ-320 etc (or similar) owners

Hi Everyone

It's a pup question but feel free to exchange other ideas or experiences with a SZ-series guitar.

I have tried a JB pup in my SZ-320 and I likes it....I likes it a lot, but I would like to experiment a little bit so.......
    Can you tell me about your SZ guitar, ie. what pup have you installed in it (bridge and neck) and are you happy with it, both the pup but also the gutar in general?

I know Schecter make guitars that look and feel the same (tried one), and other guitars are also sort of similar, so any ideas, pup suggestions are welcome.

Just to give you an idea of my multiple personality kind of playing style, It's an sort of emo/rock/metal hybrid....influences and tone aspirations are Deftones, Biffy Clyro (wonderful Scottish band), the used, funeral for a friend, from autumn to ashes, silverchair, Tool, Poison the Well, Alice in Chains, A Perfect circle, Muse, 30 seconds from mars and Queens of the stone age just to mention a 'few'.

Thanks in advance for your replies

M[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [/COLOR]

Re: Att: all Ibanez SZ-320 etc (or similar) owners

I have customised a friends SZ520QM with a DiMarzio Virtual PAF at the neck spot and a Tone Zone in the bridge spot. Sounded real good i must admit...
    The overall quality of the SZ-series is real good, and with just switching the stock pups to your choice of aftermarkets, you ll have a great guitar in my opinion.
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

I just got a 2005. This year the guitar comes with duncan designed pickups that sound pretty good, but eventually I plan on a JB and Jazz combo. So you say you like the JB?

Comment

Yes I really like the sound of it. It is in deed a very versatile pup...still I have some problems in the midrange areas...don't know how Stephen Carpenter manages to have such a great sound, aggressive yet still very clear and defining, you can really hear all the tones in the chords he's playing...and I have different settings on my amp as well...but anyhow that was

Guess I'll try a Sh-5 custom for my SZ-320..what do you think???

or

Comment

When you say problems with mids, what do you mean? I was originally thinking sh-5 in the bridge and a 59 in the neck. but thought the JB and Jazz combo would be a lot more versatile. If you do put a custom in the bridge, please get back to me and let me know your likes and dislikes compared to the JB. Later.

Comment

will do
            see ya

Comment

stephen carpenter is now using EMG
              -Greg

Guitars:
              2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
              2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
              2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
              Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Working...
              X