Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: duncan distortion ! not impressed at all

Originally posted by Luke Duke
    Man it's just a screwdriver. Although I don't match mine to the radius 9on most guitars) I do raise and lower the screws depending on string volume. I'd suggest raising the bass side of the pup.

Luke

how do u do that?
    Schecter C1 silver top, cream body binding , black hardware, loaded with EMG 81/81
    Epi Les paul honeyburst, loaded with Seymour Duncan DD (b) 59 (n)
    Ibanez Iceman ic300 , Stock pickups
    Yamaha Pacifica , stock
    epiphone acoustic
    marshall combo
    cry baby wah
    monster cables

Comment

Maybe you need to re-equalize your amp? Different pickups will give off different frequencies and emphasize different things. If none of the above suggestions work, try re-eqing your amp if you already havent.
      7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

I just installed SH-6 neck and bridge in my V (set-neck, mahogany body and neck, rosewood fingerboard, TOM bridge, 500K pots for neck volume, bridge volume and master tone).

AWESOME!!!

As I expected, I got this full & Agressive distortion sound with ease, still very blanced from low E to high E strings. There is no thin ice-picky sound AT ALL! Each note is very clear.

What I didn't expect was the clean sound is so much better than I expected. They blended perpectly with deep mahogany body, almost like jazz music tone.

Looks like my V finally found right pickups. I dig'em!

brisk
        "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

I installed my DD with the pole pieces not on the bridge side, then I raised the poles about 1/16 of an inch or so. That fattened up the sound a little.
          My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by rombola
            how do u do that?
            Alright man I'm going to explain for ya, It's all good. Take a flathead screwdriver and lower all the poles till they are all the same height and as far down as they will go. Next take a (depending on your screw it could be a flathead or phillips) screwdriver and raise your pup (both sides) till it is approximately 1/16 of an inch (") from the strings. Then raise or lower either side till it is acceptable sounding. I cannot stress how important it is that the pup is close to the strings without touching them or pulling the notes flat.
            After that play some barre chords (I do it distorted) and listen for which string you don't hear or don't hear much of. Raise the appropriate screw with your flathead.

It is a tedious process but the rewards are well worth it.

Hope that helps man!

Luke
            “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

It is a tedious process but the rewards are well worth it.
              I totally agree.
              "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

after firing up my axe with the DD in it i really think rombola must have wired it wrong or something cause the DD is far from NOT IMPRESSIVE!
                if anything i am overly impressed with mine!
                best metal toned pup out there i have tried.

Comment

Each pickup pick the sound of YOUR GUITAR ( of course ! ) but this simple statement means that IF YOUR GUITAR IS BRIGHT THEN AVOID BRIGHT PICKUPS ( and the DD is quite bright ...) but prefer them if your guitar is dark : we should keep this in mind !
                  And if your guitar lack the midds then don't choose something like C5 or 59 , etc , etc .

Comment

i have a 59 in the neck and its sounds awesome , also i was checking out the seymour duncan diagram and my guitar is totally different wired up first of all what i did with the 59 i just soldered the wires where the stock ones were so i did the same with the bridge dd thats why i think is connected right , but looking at the seymour duncan diagram i founs out that is diferent , do the stock wiring should be different than the seymour's diagram or they should be the same? im very frustrated man i hate this wiring sh*t so much
                    Schecter C1 silver top, cream body binding , black hardware, loaded with EMG 81/81
                    Yamaha Pacifica , stock
                    epiphone acoustic
                    marshall combo
                    cry baby wah
                    monster cables

Comment

a lot of companies use different colors for each wire. go by the official SD diagram. that should probably fix the problem. i love the DD i have, im gettin another for my newest guitar soon. hope it all works out for you
                      Originally posted by Aceman
                      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

i wish lew was my neighbor dudes that would be awesome he could wire all my guitars
                        Yamaha Pacifica , stock
                        epiphone acoustic
                        marshall combo
                        cry baby wah
                        monster cables

Comment

Alright man first question are the red and white wires twisted together, or soldered? If not you MUST do this. Afterwards you should wrap it in electrical tape or shrink wrap. If you don't there is a very good possiblility that it will short (out) and you won't get a signal, or not get a good signal.

After that check to make sure that your black wire is soldered (well) to the back of the pot, or the switch. The green and bare should be twisted/soldered together and then soldered to the ground. Ground is usually a screw somewhere.

Now what kind of volume/tone setup does your guitar have? 1 vol/1 tone? a three way switch? Are you trying to split it?

Tell us how it is wired now and we'll help you troubleshoot it.

Luke
                          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Alright man first question are the red and white wires twisted together, or soldered? If not you MUST do this. Afterwards you should wrap it in electrical tape or shrink wrap. If you don't there is a very good possiblility that it will short (out) and you won't get a signal, or not get a good signal.

After that check to make sure that your black wire is soldered (well) to the back of the pot, or the switch. The green and bare should be twisted/soldered together and then soldered to the ground. Ground is usually a screw somewhere.

Now what kind of volume/tone setup does your guitar have? 1 vol/1 tone? a three way switch? Are you trying to split it?

Tell us how it is wired now and we'll help you troubleshoot it.

Luke

its a les paul 2 tone 2 volume , and in the the white and red wires are soldered toguether but i just used regular tape does that matter? and its a three way switch
                            Yamaha Pacifica , stock
                            epiphone acoustic
                            marshall combo
                            cry baby wah
                            monster cables

Comment

its a les paul 2 tone 2 volume , and in the the white and red wires are soldered toguether but i just used regular tape does that matter? and its a three way switch
                              no but make sure that it is taped to the black insulated duncan wire that is part of the pup.you dont want it dangling around other components without proper electrical tape.

Comment

no but make sure that it is taped back to the black insulated duncan wire that is part of the pup(the outer thick black wire that all the color coded wires are in).
                                you dont want it dangling around other components without proper electrical tape.

Comment

Working...
                                X