VH pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH pickup?

i know this has been discussed ad nauseum...and i even tried doing a search...but, what's your opinion on the best SD pickup to get a VH tone like off of fair warning?

i'm thinking about snagging one of those custome EVHs...right now i have a duncan distortion in an alder strat and it sounds pretty good...just wondering if there's something better out there that i haven't tried yet...

VH freaks unite!

EVH is GOD

check out the Splawn Fans Forum at http://splawnfans.proboards38.com

Re: VH pickup?

Originally posted by elvhfan
    i know this has been discussed ad nauseum...and i even tried doing a search...but, what's your opinion on the best SD pickup to get a VH tone like off of fair warning?

i'm thinking about snagging one of those custome EVHs...right now i have a duncan distortion in an alder strat and it sounds pretty good...just wondering if there's something better out there that i haven't tried yet...

VH freaks unite!
    just get a 59

there was a guy here named VHoholic who did all the VH stuff note for note and had that tone DUPED exactly.
    what did he use?
    a marshall 1959 SLP RI and a duncan 59er here is a clip of the 59 in action

Last edited by SABOTAGE; 01-25-2005, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Nah, I've heard those clips, and a 59 is not the way to go. It sounds like Hot for Teacher, which is not the Fair Warning sound.

The EVH is the way to go.
      The Custom Custom has the vibe, but it's too hot. I bet a Seth would do the trick.
      This machine kills fascists

Comment

Originally posted by MattPete
        Nah, I've heard those clips, and a 59 is not the way to go. It sounds like Hot for Teacher, which is not the Fair Warning sound.

The EVH is the way to go.
        The Custom Custom has the vibe, but it's too hot. I bet a Seth would do the trick.
        i am definitely NOT going to get into any EVH tone debates over this
        but i can say this if the poster of this thread really wants a specific tone from VH i suggest the custom shop have him wind a weaker CC then?
        or he can use the stock CC set far from the strings to give it less output

Comment

I'm a happy '78 owner (they were called EVH's when I got 'em). They respond to transients very differently from my other pickups.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
          My Music

Comment

Working...
          X