Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help: Pickups for Carvin Neckthru

Hello, everyone. First-timer here!
    I just bought a Carvin DC127M. It has a maple neck thru alder sides with Tune-o-Matic bridge. I am going to put in a custom5 at bridge and a jazz at neck and need some help.
    first, what size do I need at bridge? standard or trembucker? Carvin tech says standard size is right. But I measured it myself, the pole piece separation is just over 2 inches. so that seems to match a trembucker spacing. any idea?
    second, my carvin has a solid silver pearl finish. It comes with black pickups. I thought black was a little boring so I am thinking light blue or dark blue. Does anyone have pictures of guitars with pickups with those colors? I want to know what it might look like.
    Thank you very much, guys

Re: Need help: Pickups for Carvin Neckthru

Welcome to the forum. Stick around a while while you´re already here, we´ve got a lot more to offer than just pickups

A trembucker will match up better in your situation. Unfortunately, they´re only available in Black, zebra (+reverse), and white as far as I know.

*Edit* Maybe not, I read >2 inches and acted too fast. How far are the STRINGS apart at the bridge? That´s what will "decide", 2" and over I recommend the TB, under 2" standard spaced. Sorry for that

Some say there´s no difference when using a standard spaced one (these are available in the full color spectrum for the most part), but I hear one in the output and overall response and have to raise the outside poles of standard ones to compensate.

You can go either way, which way you choose is yours to decide
    Last edited by Zerberus; 01-26-2005, 04:34 PM.
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
    X