Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Strat (H-S-S) pickups

Hey all,

I am looking to replace the TexMex pickups on a California Fat Strat. I listened to the audio samples on this site, and seem to have settled on the APH1 for H, and then two APS1's for the S's. The other option I was considering was to use a Pearly Gates for H, and Fender Texas Specials for the S's.

Any thoughts or comments on these two configurations? And if you would recommend one over the other, why? OR... if you would recommend another setup altogether what would it be?

Thanks,

PhatStrat
    Mike (aka PhatStrat)

There are three things that make life truly worth living; a Savior, a Soulmate and a Stratocaster. I have been fortunate enough in my life to have acquired all three.

Re: Fat Strat (H-S-S) pickups

Originally posted by PhatStrat
    Hey all,

I am looking to replace the TexMex pickups on a California Fat Strat. I listened to the audio samples on this site, and seem to have settled on the APH1 for H, and then two APS1's for the S's. The other option I was considering was to use a Pearly Gates for H, and Fender Texas Specials for the S's.

Any thoughts or comments on these two configurations? And if you would recommend one over the other, why? OR... if you would recommend another setup altogether what would it be?

Thanks,

PhatStrat
    I should say that I never have tried thoose pickup but i did head some clips. The APH1 with two APS' looks killer!!!

I think you will ejoy a lot!!!

Comment

Re: Fat Strat (H-S-S) pickups

I have a PG in my strat, w/ SSL-2's, and I love the PG but am also thinking about an AP2 for the neck only. PG works well w/ my SC's by keeping a little further from the strings. Just my opinion!

Comment

Working...
      X