Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender '57/62 compared to '69 and Mag Lok

Hi,
    A report. The '57/62 is a bright SC and sounds correct for a vintage strat. It also has more output than the '69, but that is obviously from it having more winds, a little more output.
    The '69 has so much sparkle and crispness, even though it is under wound, when I turn it up it still stays very sharp and crisp, and the louder the amp, the eq stays the same- just louder. what I am trying to say is that the '69 has way more high end the the 57/62, and the 57/62 has a much fuller overall sound from top to bottom.
    I now use the '69 in the neck, the 57/62 in the middle, and an SH-2 JAZZ Bridge in the bridge position, The SH-2 gives me a lot of high end to blend more closely w/ my single coils as I am a sucker for an HB in a strat bridge. As an added bonus, I had a chambered alder Warmoth strat (very bad back) painted snow white-no creme at all, and my SC's are using bone white covers and my SH-2 is double white bobbin I got for floor price. It looks beautiful, and I dare say, with only a Hot Rod Deluxe and the appropriate pedals, I can go from Abert King or Mike Bloomfield to Mayall and Cream era Clapton all the way to whatever crashing hard rock band you can think of. Heavy metal I never liked so I make no claims on that part of the spectrum. I vouch for myself this is all true. On the soul of my probably passed away cat that my wife stole from me when she left. That was very cold.
    On the Mag-Lok front I posted, I called the guy and E-mailed him about a "Mag-Lok 2" I read about and the "0" position stickiness. We'll see. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
    Steve Buffington. HTH
    Last edited by SJ318; 04-21-2014, 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Working...
X