Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need pickup advice for my fender aerodyne strat

Hi

I am planning on ripping out the old stock pickups from my fender aerodyne strat and to install some new 'bad boys' to enhance my sound.

I play rock/heavy rock/metal/jazz and am looking for some pickups to suit my style. I am really into Iron Maiden and am looking to capture some of their sounds so have decided to install a 'JB Junior' in the bridge, however my choice for middle and neck is undecided. I know dave murray and janick gers (maiden) both use hot rails in the middle and neck but I am against this as I don't think I will get the versatility that I am looking for.

I would like my neck pickup to produce a thick sound when overdriven but that will also clean up nicely when backed off, I have read many of the threads in the forum and have heard that the 'little 59' would give me a nice thick sound in the neck but does anyone know what it sounds like when its backed off???

I am also interested in the 'duckbucker' as an option for the neck, do you know if it would give me that thick sound when overdriven or is it quite a similar sound to a normal strat pickup??

Any ideas for the middle, I currently don't use this pickup (in switch pos 3) very much as it is quite weak and boring, I would like something quite lively and which will 'mix' well with the bridge and neck pickups when in switch pos 2+4.

On a final note, I cannot decide on a color for the pickups, I currently have all black pickups but I thought if I put white pickups in it might look quite cool, on the other hand it might look rubbish so any opinions would be greatly appreceated! Click here to see a pic of my strat: http://www.one-shot.co.uk/my_strat.JPG

Thanks in advance!!!!
Working...
X