opinions on ssl3 vs. ssl4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on ssl3 vs. ssl4

The title says it all. Hot or 1/4 pound. Which do you like better and why? What about combos, ssl3 in neck and ssl4 in middle or vice versa?
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Re: opinions on ssl3 vs. ssl4

Years ago, I had a SSL3 in the bridge of a 1973 Strat I had. Loved the sound, but was looking for something different. Wasn't sure what that was at the time, though. I still think it;s a great pup. It had nice harmonics and output. Haven't heard the 1/4 pounder, so I can't compare them. Sorry.
    "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

No one else has any opinions?
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I haven't heard 1/4 but hot is.. gr8

Comment

ive been using a qp in my tele for years and i love it. big thick rock tone with edge. i use one in the bridge of a strat as well and at some points in time have had three setups that had a qp in the bridge. still sounds like a single coil but its much bigger thicker punchier kinda p90 like in some ways

Comment

Working...
          X