Can't decide!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't decide!!!!

I'm ordering a new pup today for bridge to go with my Jazz in neck. I'm going crazy because I can't decide between the SH-5 Custom & the SH-4 JB.

I keep going back & forth between these two, but I have to order today before 21 day return policy expires. (exchanging DD)

Should I just flip a coin??
    Last edited by Budweiser; 03-15-2004, 08:43 AM.
    Life's a journey, pack a lunch!.

I'm gettin' rid of my DD as well! Of course I'm past the 21 day return period so I'm going to have to suck it up or sell it on ebay..grrr...

anywho, I have an ESP with a floyd rose..I'm goin' with the JB, trembucker version...

Reason being, I think I like the Alnico magnet better than the ceramic magnet for my type of guitar..I used to have a Demon in my ESP..and while I liked the overall tone and eq scoop, it just didn't have quite enough output and the attack wasn't tight enough for me....so that's why I'm going with the JB...

I do hear good things about both pups though...they seem to be the two most popular ones
    Splawn QR
    Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
    Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
    George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
    My Gear Pix
    My SPLAWN Clips
    My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Re: Can't decide!!!!

Originally posted by Budweiser
      I'm ordering a new pup today for bridge to go with my Jazz in neck. I'm going crazy because I can't decide between the SH-5 Custom & the SH-4 JB.

I keep going back & forth between these two, but I have to order today before 21 day return policy expires. (exchanging DD)

Should I just flip a coin??
      CUSTOM

Comment

I just got off the phone with the music store. They have a JB in stock & that's what I'm going to swap my Distortion with.

I really hope I made the right choice.
        Life's a journey, pack a lunch!.

Comment

I have the same Jazz neck pu in my guitar and I like it. I also have the SH-4 JB in the bridge. What I found is the that the SH-4 JB is much hotter than the Jazz and will clip my gear input when I have it optimized for the Jazz pu. I think a better combo would be the same pu in both neck and bridge.

Comment

the jazz/jb is a great combo, one of seymours favorites. the volume difference can be made fairly minimal by adjusting the pup heights if thats what you want but most people tend to like a hotter pup in the bridge

Comment

jb
              Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
              X