Cool Rails, Hot Strat, CC pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Rails, Hot Strat, CC pickups

I'm trying to put in cool rails neck position, hot strat mid position, and custom custom humbucker bridge position pickups in my stratocastor. It switches between the pickups fine and the wiring seems to be ok and its the right kind of sound I'm looking for, its just extremly quiet. I tried reversing the magnet on the custom custom humbucker in case it was out of phase and I also tried switching the black and green wires on the cool rails pickup but its still VERY quiet even with my amp blasting. Is there a way to check if one of the pickups is out of phase with the other pickups or is it just normally supposed to be that quiet?
    King of the Jungle

Re: Cool Rails, Hot Strat, CC pickups

Exactly when is the guitar too quiet? Always, only when 2 pickups are on at the same time or only with a certain pickup(s). If I have a clearer idea of the problem, it will be easier to help you out.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

It's always quiet, no matter which pickup I have selected or if I have them all selected or any combination of them selected they're all still quiet. I mean like really quiet where even if I have my amp on volume 10 they're still barely audible. I had the hot strat in the neck position before with 2 generic fender pickups for the mid and bridge positions and it was the correct volume then. After I put in the cool rails, hot strat, and cc pickups though its been always quiet.
      King of the Jungle

Comment

Or could the wiring make it always quiet? Would resaudering the connections have any effect that would make it louder or is it the pickup combination or what?
        King of the Jungle

Comment

Sounds like a soldering problem. Go back and recheck all your connections. That sounds like a cool set up that should really rock!!
          GUITARS
          STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
          AMPS
          Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

I agree.
            www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
            www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Yea, it does sound pretty cool, it's exactly what I was looking for. It's almost like the guitar is singing along when you hit those high notes.
              I'll try resaudaring and sanding all the connections again to see if that increases the output more.
              King of the Jungle

Comment

It was the volume control, it must have burned out when I was soldering it. Works pretty good now after I got a new one.
                King of the Jungle

Comment

Pleased to hear you got it sorted
                  GUITARS
                  STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
                  AMPS
                  Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Working...
                  X