New Rails vs. Old rails, on appearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rails vs. Old rails, on appearance

My main problem with the JB Jr, and the lil 59 was that they weren't spaced correctly. MY strat's single coil slugs were directly underneath the string, ,HOWEVER, when I put in my JB Jr. and lil 59 the two middle poles appeared to line up, the next two out (b and a) appered to both be moving tword the outside of the string, and the outer poles (E and e) were even more 'outside' the strings. -Why?

Comment

Never spaced correctly, eh? Lemme guess, you have a Korean-built Strat. I'm going to go further out on a limb and guess that it was built at the Cort factory.

How close am I?
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I like them both but think that voice on the sound comparisons is hilarious!

EDIT: actually just looking at them i dont like the new ones much at all just cos they look so shiny and fatter, but thats probably the photography. But i welcome the changes as i hate catching my high e string on the bottom of my JBJr and having it rip the top of the pickup cover off!

The voice is still ridiculous
        Last edited by Young Angus; 02-08-2005, 10:43 PM.
        My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Angus
          I like them both but think that voice on the sound comparisons is hilarious!
          The voice is still ridiculous
          That voice belongs to none other than former User Group Administrator, Mister Rodney Gene!

Originally posted by Young Angus
          EDIT: actually just looking at them i dont like the new ones much at all just cos they look so shiny and fatter
          They're made of the same material as Strat pickup covers. And, actually, they're thinner then the old ones.
          Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
          Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I wld personalyy go in for the new ones. The bridge and neck sit pretty high on my (current) axe, so I have wld have to raise the pups. I am planing on a cool rails for the neck, currently a JB sits on the bridge. It was really bothering me all along regarding the pup not being covered totaly.My stock pups, which sucked big time [super low out out and very very bright making rhythm playing even in the neck position with tones turned off virtually impossible] are totaly covered. I know they lokk like EMGs and kind take of the cllasic look, but I believe the nes pups are more practical.
            Yes I too wld welcome the same for Humbukers (maybe at least on a small scale, or as an option.)
            Last edited by Jocelyn; 02-09-2005, 12:52 AM. Reason: just want add some more
            sigpic
            Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
            JFG Flying V,
            "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
            John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

I like the look of the new ones, though I would really like them better if they were flat colors and not shiny.

Comment

I am EXTREMELY happy for the new design. I bought 10 of them with old design: a set of duckbuckers, a set of vintage rails, one lil 59, two JB Jr. and one Hotrail. I got rid all of them for one reason or another. The new design seems to capture the technology behind the stacked or rail buckers. The new desing answered my desire to have more moderned and sophiscated appearance. If anyone prefers a real traditional design, he or she should get a classic stack or hot stack.

Cheers
                "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

Working...
                X