Tell me about Antiquities??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about Antiquities??

I'm looking at picking up a Jazzmaster loaded with SD Antiquities and I'd like to know what I should expect? All I hear is that they're supposed to be the best. Are Antiquities supposed to be "superior" to the other Seymour Duncans like the Jazzmaster Hot or Quarter Pounder? Or are these intended to be exact "replicas"? Both tone and looks? Just wondering why they're so much more expensive really.
    1978 Lefty Gibson Les Paul Custom (C5 bridge, Jazz neck) with Jimmy Page wiring
    1996 Lefty Fender Jazzmaster (w/ SD Antiquity IIs)
    2003 Lefty Taylor 414RCE (Rosewood Limited Edition with Expression System)
    Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 3-channel through Marshall 1960A cabinet via THD HotPlate
    Effects: Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah, Fulltone DejaVibe, Maxon Rotary Phaser (PH-350), Boss DD6, Boss RC20 LoopStation, BBE Sonic Stomp

Re: Tell me about Antiquities??

well they are all hand wound pickups, made the way they used to be made. they are replicas of the originals. Seymour does a wonderful job of recreating the calssic sounds. i am so pleased with all of my antiquities that i really don't plan on changing them, and my new custom made guitar will be loaded with ants. make no mistake these are vintage sounding and vintage output. the sound is so sweet and complex any words i can write will not do these pickups justice. long story short, they will be the best vintage sounding jazzmaster pickups you have ever heard, maybe even better than some of the originals.
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Re: Tell me about Antiquities??

I'm a believer in Anti-q's too. As a point of interest, I had a set of JZmaster pups in a clone guitar. I didn't have all additional circuitry a JZM has. Basically it was a switch with volume and tone. It was way louder than my Tele or Strat. I suspect that circutry really drags down the output on Jazzmasters.

Comment

Working...
      X