banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't the '59 come standard with 4 conducter wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't the '59 come standard with 4 conducter wiring?

All SD humbuckers come standard with 4 conducter wiring, except for the '59. You have to get them custom that way. Why is this?
    Last edited by Cory_Dylan; 04-10-2004, 03:21 PM. Reason: typo title

Re: Why doesn't the '59 come standard with 4 conducter wiring?

Actually, the 59, Seth Lover and the Antiquity all come standard with the single conductor. Why? Because they're vintage PAF replicas. That's the way the original PAF's were built, part of the charm and tone if you will.

The 4 conductor wiring is a more modern variation on tone. There is no extra cost to get a 59' with 4 conductor...John at Blackrose or Lew at Lew's guitars may even have one in stock with 4 conductor.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

the original PAFs only had 2 wires........the 59 is this way in order to be authentic to a 1959 PAF
      http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
      >cord<
      1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

you just barely beat me to it
        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
        >cord<
        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

that's pretty much what i figured. i just bought a '59 4 conducter from John last sunday. (still waiting on it) It's going to be paired in the neck with my C5 with a jimmy page mod in my artist. (i'll post clips)

but when the '59 is in standard series, it won't effect the tone at all though it's a 4 conducter will it? i figured it wouldn't make a difference (don't know much about wiring, etc)

Comment

dont the ssl's also come with 1 conductor? i like em to be truthful, unless you are going for some insane wiring, they seem to work just fine
            Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
            Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
            Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
            Crate VC-3112
            Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
            Fender Bassman 60

Comment

I got charged $10 extra for a 4 conductor '59 from Lew, and I believe that Blackrose charges extra as well.
              Originally posted by The Minstrel
              Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Originally posted by italic zero
                I got charged $10 extra for a 4 conductor '59 from Lew, and I believe that Blackrose charges extra as well.
                yup. i think i paid around $75 for my '59 4 cond.

(my 100th post! i think i'm a tone member now?)

Comment

Originally posted by italic zero
                  That is correct. Dealers pay Duncan an extra charge to make the 4-Conductor "59" which then must be passed on to the customer. I try to keep the added charge to a minimum.

Comment

the ssl is a 2 cond pup but its also a single coil so there is only 2 wires, start and finish. all non-tapped single coils should have 2 wires. even tele pups that ground the cover or baseplate still only have 2 wires

Comment

Working...
                    X