Splitting and Hum Canceling...HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting and Hum Canceling...HELP!!

I'm currently wiring a new Strat set up and I need some help.

I would like to have a H-S-H pickup config, but I'd like to something a little different, in terms of switching. I'd like to use a 3 way switch for the humbuckers, and use my second volume pot to blend in the middle pickup, which will be RWRP. Here's my question...I want to be able to split the coils on the two humbuckers so that when I BLEND one of the buckers with the single it'll be hum canceling. Also, I'd like to wire it so that when I split each of the buckers and the single coil is off, they'll be hum canceling when they are on together. This is kinna like a Jazz Bass wiring so that I can mix the amount of hum-canceling and get lots of 'in between' mixed tones...

Thanks in advance!!

Farkus
    2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
    1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Re: Splitting and Hum Canceling...HELP!!

Hi farkus; I'm "doodling up" a couple possible ways to do this, but I need to clarify something.

Normally, a Strat comes with a 5-way lever switch, one volume, and two tone controls. From your post, I take it that you're going to replace the 5-way with a 3-way lever switch, use one of your tone controls as a "blend" pot, and replace as many of the vol/tone controls as necessary with push/pull pots to get the desired switching combo.

Is that much correct?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
      Hi farkus; I'm "doodling up" a couple possible ways to do this, but I need to clarify something.

Normally, a Strat comes with a 5-way lever switch, one volume, and two tone controls. From your post, I take it that you're going to replace the 5-way with a 3-way lever switch, use one of your tone controls as a "blend" pot, and replace as many of the vol/tone controls as necessary with push/pull pots to get the desired switching combo.

Is that much correct?
      Yes, this is correct. I was going to use a 500 K pot for humbucker vol[this is in the position of the regular 'volume' control on a strat], a 250 K pot with push/pull for the middle pickup volume control (single coil volume; push pull to split) [this is in the spot where the neck tone usually is], and then a master tone in the position where the second tone usually is, also a 250 K push/pull pot. I'm building the electronics from scratch to suit myself, so there is no 'replacing' necessary, it' just easier this way, hehehe. And, yes, 3 way lever switch, tele style. The setup is just like a tele, but with the middle pup fading in as desired-I'd like it wired as if it were a tele, except there is the extra control i.e. the volume for the middle pup.

Does this make sense?

Thanks!

Farkus

Comment

C'mon gurus!!

Comment

Shameless bump!

Comment

Working...
          X