banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newb help! Can someone tell me how to wire an EVH Wolfgang Special to Coil Split?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb help! Can someone tell me how to wire an EVH Wolfgang Special to Coil Split?

Here's want I have. What I want to do is replace the volume knob with a push/pull switch so I can coil split them. The odd thing is the pick up leads go into the 3 way switch cavity instead of the knob cavity. Can anyone direct me to the simplest easiest way to accomplish this and how i wire the push/pull switch? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wolfgang_wiring.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	5835117

Re: Newb help! Can someone tell me how to wire an EVH Wolfgang Special to Coil Split?

This is the diagram your after http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...h_1v_1t_3w_1pp

Just make sure and follow the color codes that your diagram you linked shows and your good.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Re: Newb help! Can someone tell me how to wire an EVH Wolfgang Special to Coil Split?

IMO don't do it. The EVH Wolfgang pickups are very close tone wise to the EBMM Axis pickups- I installed a coils tap on my Axis and it's not that great. Not to mention I read Fender discouraged people from coil tapping the Wolfgang pickups as they said they don't split well

Comment

Working...
      X